(1) The name and principal business address of the manufacturer or distributor.
(2) The brand name of the agricultural liming material.
(3) The identification of the product as to the type of liming material.
(4) The net weight of the agricultural liming material.
(5) The minimum percentage of calcium oxide and magnesium oxide or calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate.
(6) The calcium carbonate equivalent as determined by methods prescribed by the Association of Official Analytical Chemists International (AOAC).
(7) The minimum percent by weight passing through United States standard sieves.
(8) The fineness classification of the material.
(b) A copy of the statement provided for in subsection (a) of this section shall be posted for each brand sold in bulk at each site where purchase orders are accepted or from which deliveries for such liming materials are made.
(c) No information or statement may appear on any package, label, delivery invoice or advertisement which gives a false or misleading impression to the purchaser as to the quality, analysis, type or composition of the liming material.
(d) When agricultural liming material has been adulterated subsequent to packaging, labeling or loading thereof and before delivery has been made to the consumer, conspicuous, plainly worded notice to that effect shall be affixed by the vendor to the package or delivery invoice to identify the kind and degree of adulteration therein: Provided, That agricultural liming material may not be sold or offered for sale in the state which contains toxic materials in quantities injurious to plants or animals when applied according to directions.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.