(1) The identity of the packer by registry of USDA plant number or by state permit number or name and address of the packer, distributor, retailer or repacker;
(2) The correct grade and size or weight classification;
(3) The term "EGGS";
(4) The quantity of eggs per retail unit (i.e. one dozen, eighteen count, etc.) or dozens per case when packing loose eggs for institutional use or an accurate statement of the quantity of the contents in terms of numerical count;
(5) The words "keep refrigerated" in a plain and conspicuous manner on each container or consumer receptacle of shell eggs;
(6) Use by or expiration date; and
(7) Additional labeling according to legislative rule.
(b) Loose eggs shall be labeled according to legislative rule.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.