(1) Prepare and supervise the issuance of public information concerning the grant program;
(2) Prescribe the form and regulate the submission of applications for grants;
(3) Select qualified recipients of grants;
(4) Award grants;
(5) Accept grants, gifts, bequests and devises of real and personal property for the purposes of the grant program;
(6) Administer federal and state financial loan programs;
(7) Cooperate with approved institutions of higher education in the state and their governing boards in the administration of the grant program;
(8) Make the final decision pertaining to residency of an applicant for grant or renewal of grant;
(9) Employ, fix the duties of and compensate such employees as may be necessary to assist the vice chancellor in the performance of his or her duties; and
(10) Administer the higher education adult part-time student grant program established in section seven of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.