(a) The board of governors, with the advice of the administrative planning committee, shall develop a strategic reorganization plan for Bridgemont and Kanawha Valley Community and Technical Colleges, including all campuses and instruction sites of each institution. The board of governors shall develop, implement and complete the reorganization by July 1, 2014.
(b) The reorganization plan includes, but is not limited to, the following elements:
(1) A timeline showing specific steps for completing the reorganization by July 1, 2014;
(2) A procedure to assure that all employees of the affected institutions are notified of their employment status pursuant to section nine of this article;
(3) A statement of assurance showing specific steps to be taken to safeguard the rights, privileges and benefits of faculty, classified employees and nonclassified employees of the affected institutions including provisions for fulfilling contracts and protecting earned benefits;
(4) A description of the instructional benefits expected from the reorganization including a detailed explanation of enhancements to academic program offerings, workforce development programs for employers and services to students;
(5) A description of the fiscal benefits expected from the reorganization including a detailed explanation of management efficiencies, enhanced leadership skills, better coordination of instruction and student support services and efficiencies in expenditures per full-time equivalent student;
(6) A statement of assurance that student access to high- quality education programming will be enhanced and/or maintained; and
(7) A strategy to secure regional accreditation of the
reorganized institution by July 1, 2014.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.