(a) The actions of the board of governors appointed pursuant to section three of this article are subject to the terms and conditions prescribed in article two-a of this chapter. The board has all the powers and duties provided in section four, article two-a of this chapter.
(b) The programs of the consolidated institution are operated under the rules and procedures of the institution's board of governors, which, initially, shall adopt rules from one or both of the affected institutions until the time when new or revised rules are proposed and approved pursuant to section six, article one of this chapter.
(1) The administrative planning committee shall make recommendations to the board of governors regarding which of the rules of the affected institutions should be adopted.
(2) Nothing in this section requires the initial rules of the board of governors to be promulgated again under the rule adopted by the Council for Community and Technical College Education pursuant to section six, article one of this chapter unless the rules are rescinded, revised, amended or otherwise altered.
(c) It is the duty of the board of governors of the consolidated institution to adopt rules and procedures that authorize, support and encourage the consolidated institution to fulfill its core mission. It is further the specific duty of the board of governors to facilitate delivery of a comprehensive program of community and technical college education in all the counties that are served by the multicampus consolidated institution. To that end, the board shall expend from the appropriations allocated to the affected institutions such funds as are necessary or expedient to operate and conduct programs, to acquire clear title to any real property and to make necessary capital improvements.
(d) In addition to the powers and duties set forth in this section and in article two-a of this chapter, the board of governors shall perform the following duties:
(1) Choose a name for the consolidated multicampus institution from the recommendations submitted by the administrative planning committee pursuant to section seven of this article.
(2) Choose the president of one of the affected institutions to serve as president of the consolidated institution pursuant to section five of this article;
(3) Determine which positions of the affected institutions are to be abolished and notify employees as required by section nine of this article; and
(4) Serve as the designated board of advisors for the
Advantage Valley Advanced Technology Center created by section
fourteen, article three-c of this chapter.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.