(a) General. - For the purposes of this article, terms have the meaning ascribed to them in section two, article one of this chapter, unless the context in which the term is used clearly requires a different meaning or a specific definition is provided in this section.
(b) Definitions. -
(1) "Administrative planning committee" or "planning committee" means the advisory group established pursuant to section seven of this article to advise the governing board of the reorganized multicampus community and technical college and to serve as liaison to the council.
(2) "Affected institution" means a community and technical college which is included in a reorganization.
(3) "Chancellor" means the chief executive officer of the council appointed pursuant to section three, article two-b of this chapter.
(4) "Consolidated institution" means a community and technical college formed by joining together one or more institutions to create a new multicampus college or integrating two or more institutions into an existing institution to form one multicampus college. An institution that is included in a consolidation or integrated into an existing institution ceases to exist as an independent institution of higher education.
(5) "Institution" means any community and technical college under the jurisdiction of the council.
(6) "Multicampus institution" means a college that has more than one campus as defined and approved by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges. In the case of the consolidation of Bridgemont Community and Technical College and Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College, "multicampus institution" means the consolidated institution comprised of existing campuses in Montgomery and South Charleston and any other campuses that may be established in the future, in accordance with the Higher Learning Commission standards of accreditation.
(7) "Institutional reorganization" or "reorganization" means the process of combining institutions to form a consolidated community and technical college or integrating one institution into another.
(8) "Strategic reorganization plan" or "plan" means the
document developed in accordance with section eight of this article
consisting of strategies, procedures and guidelines to be used in
implementing an institutional reorganization.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.