(1) Possesses a broad understanding of the relationship between public and private sector research and the need for cooperation and collaboration among the commission and the research corporations;
(2) Holds at least a bachelor's degree in a field related to the duties and responsibilities of the position of executive director;
(3) Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to work with all types of businesses and industry, government agencies and higher education institutions; and
(4) Possesses other skills, qualifications or attributes as the commission considers appropriate or desirable.
(b) The commission shall select the executive director for the corporation and may not delegate this duty to the chancellor. The executive director may have dual appointment with the commission, but may not be a corporation director.
(1) The commission shall appoint the executive director by majority vote of its members and shall include the vote as a part of the minute record.
(2) The executive director shall inform the board of directors and the commission annually of his or her employment status with any other institution, agency or organization.
(c) The day to day operations of the corporation are under the
control and supervision of the executive director. With the
approval of the board of directors the executive director may
employ staff as necessary to carry out the corporation's purposes
as set forth in this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.