(1) System goals for capital development;
(2) An explanation of how system capital development goals align with state goals, objectives and priorities established in articles one and one-d of this chapter and with system master plans;
(3) A process for prioritizing capital projects for state funding based on their ability to further state goals, objectives and priorities and system capital development goals;
(4) A building renewal formula to calculate a dollar benchmark that shall be collected annually and invested in facilities to minimize deferred maintenance and to provide the commission and council objective information to determine if the investments in maintenance are occurring;
(5) A process for governing boards to follow in developing and submitting campus development plans to the commission or council, as appropriate, for approval;
(6) A process for governing boards to follow to ensure that sufficient revenue is generated for and applied toward facilities maintenance; and
(7) A discussion addressing how capital fees dedicated to debt service for the bond issue to be paid off in 2012 will be used after the payoff date.
(b) The system capital development plan shall be developed in consultation with governing boards and appropriate institution staff. Before approving the capital development plan, the commission and council shall afford interested parties an opportunity to comment on the plan through a notice-and-comment period of at least thirty days.
(c) The commission and council shall update its system capital development plan at least once in each ten-year period.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.