(b) The center shall be under the control and supervision of the president who, with the approval of the governing body, may employ staff as is necessary to carry out the center's purpose and scope;
(c) The governing body shall set the qualifications for the position of president and shall conduct a thorough search for qualified candidates. A qualified candidate is one who meets at least the following criteria:
(1) Possesses a broad understanding of the relationship between public and private sector research, the advancement and commercialization of new and emerging technologies and economic development and has significant experience and an established professional reputation in these fields;
(2) Holds, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree in a field related to the duties and responsibilities of the position of president;
(3) Demonstrates specifically that he or she has developed effective and successful grant management skills, as well as skill in fostering collaborations between business-industry and doctoral institutions;
(4) Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to work with all types of businesses and industry, government agencies and higher education institutions; and
(5) Possesses other skills, qualifications or attributes as the governing body may consider appropriate or desirable.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.