(1) To fix and revise from time to time and charge and collect fees for its acts and undertakings;
(2) To establish rules concerning the acts and undertakings;
(3) To acquire, hold and dispose of personal property in the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties;
(4) To make and enter into all contracts and agreements necessary or incidental to the performance of its duties and the execution of its powers under this article;
(5) To employ in its discretion such employees as it may deem necessary to carry out its powers and duties as enumerated in this article;
(6) To receive and accept from any federal or private agency, corporation, association or person, grants to be expended in accomplishing the objectives of this article and to receive and accept from the state, from any municipality, county or other political subdivision thereof and from any other source, aid or contributions of either money, property, or other things of value to be held, used and applied only for the purposes for which such grants and contributions may be made;
(7) To sue and be sued as provided by law;
(8) To do all other acts and things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers expressly granted by the provisions of this article which relate to the guaranteed student loan program. Nothing in this article shall be construed to empower the governing boards to engage in the business of banking or insurance.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.