The governing boards, on behalf of the state of West Virginia, are authorized and empowered to apply for, to accept and administer and expend for the purpose or purposes designated, any funds which now are, or may be made, available to the governing boards or to any institution under their jurisdiction from federal or private grants, appropriations, allocations and programs.
The governing boards have the power:
(1) To receive and disburse funds appropriated by the federal government for the construction, equipment, and improvement of academic facilities of institutions of higher education as required by the federal Higher Education Facilities Act of 1963, and any and all subsequent acts of Congress relating to the same subject;
(2) To apply for, receive, and administer, subject to any applicable regulations or laws of the federal government or any agency thereof, any federal grants, appropriations, allocations, and programs for the development of academic facilities on behalf of the state of West Virginia, or any institution of higher education, public or private, within the state;
(3) To develop, alter, amend, and submit to the federal government state plans for participation in federal grants, appropriations, allocations, and programs for the development of academic facilities and to formulate rules, criteria, methods, forms, procedures, and to do all other things which may be necessary to make possible the participation of the state in such federal grants, appropriations, allocations, and programs for the development of academic facilities;
(4) To hold hearings, and render decisions as to the priority assigned to any project, or as to any other matter or determination affecting any applicant for federal grants, appropriations, allocations and programs for the development of academic facilities;
(5) To hire personnel, purchase materials, make studies and reports, enter into contracts, and do all other things necessary to accomplish the duties as set forth in this section within the limits of the funds available.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.