(1) Designate the governing boards that shall become institutional boards of advisors and transfer governing authority of that board to the governing board of the college;
(2) Transfer as appropriate, consistent with state law, all powers, duties, property, obligations, contracts, rules, orders, resolutions or any other matters which should be transferred or vested in the governing board;
(3) Assign powers and duties to the governing board and the college as may be necessary or expedient to accomplish the purposes of this article;
(4) Create the office of president of the college; and
(5) Take such other action as necessary or expedient to accomplish the purposes of this chapter.