(1) The system capital development plan;
(2) The institution's approved master plan and compact; and
(3) The current campus development plan objectives.
(b) Campus development plans are intended to be aspirational; however, an institution's plan shall be appropriate to its size, mission, and enrollment and to the fiscal constraints within which the institution operates. At a minimum the campus development plan shall include the following:
(1) The governing board's development strategy;
(2) An assessment of the general condition and suitability of buildings and facilities, including deferred maintenance, life-safety and building code issues, ADA requirements and energy efficiency;
(3) An assessment of the impact of projected enrollment and demographic changes on building and facility needs;
(4) A comprehensive list of deferred maintenance projects that need to be addressed for each campus by building or facility including an estimated cost for each;
(5) A list of existing buildings and facilities in need of renovations, additions, demolition or any combination thereof;
(6) A list of major site improvements that are needed, including vehicular and pedestrian circulation, parking and landscaping;
(7) A list of telecommunications, utilities and other infrastructure improvements that are needed;
(8) A delineation of clear property acquisition boundaries that are reasonably appropriate for campus expansion;
(9) A list of proposed new facilities and building sites;
(10) A list of capital projects in priority order;
(11) Estimates of the timing, phasing and projected costs associated with individual projects;
(12) If an institution has multiple campuses in close proximity, a delineation of how the campuses should interact and support each other to minimize duplication of facilities, improve efficiency and be aesthetically compatible;
(13) A statement of the impact of the plan upon the local community and the input afforded local and regional government entities and the public with respect to its implementation; and
(14) Any other requirement established by the commission and council in the rules required by section seventeen of this article.
(c) Campus development plans shall incorporate all current and proposed facilities, including educational and general and auxiliary facilities.
(d) At the next regularly scheduled meeting of the commission or council, as applicable, following the fifth anniversary date after the commission or council approves the development plan of a governing board, the governing board shall report on the progress made in the first five years to implement the campus development plan for each campus under its jurisdiction. In addition, the governing board shall report on its plans to implement the remaining five-year period of its campus development plan.
(e) Each governing board shall update its campus development plan at least once during each ten-year period and any update is subject to the approval of the commission or council, as appropriate.
(f) A governing board may not implement a campus development plan or plan update that has not been approved by the commission or council, as appropriate.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session