(1) Documentation standards and review procedures to determine whether a donation or pledge meets the criteria of a qualified donation or qualified pledge when initially received or when the terms of a qualified donation or a qualified pledge are materially altered;
(2) Eligibility criteria in accordance with the provisions of section six of this article for the expenditure of endowment proceeds to pay the base salaries of personnel, to fund research fellowships and to purchase basic infrastructure;
(3) Procedures to ensure that endowment proceeds are expended in compliance with the provisions of this article;
(4) A requirement for each participating institution to report on the total amount of qualified donations received, the investment earnings realized and any anticipated expenditures of the research endowment proceeds in its annual operating budget; and
(5) Procedures for the competitive application and review of requests from state colleges and criteria for the eligible use of moneys distributed pursuant to section ten of this article.
(b) The Legislature finds that an emergency exists and, therefore, the commission shall file a rule to implement the provisions of this article as an emergency rule pursuant to the provisions of article three-a, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code. The rule is subject to the prior approval of the Legislative Oversight Commission on Education Accountability.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.