(b) The governing boards shall develop and provide for a program of release time, sabbaticals or other forms of faculty involvement or participation with any qualifying business.
(c) The Legislature finds that cooperation, communication and coordination are integral components of higher education's involvement in economic development. In order to proceed in a manner that is cost effective and time efficient, it is the duty of the Commission to review and coordinate such aspects of the programs administered by the governing boards. The review and coordination may not operate to affect adversely sources of funding or any statutory characterization of any program as an independent entity. The Commission shall report annually to the Legislature and the Governor. The report shall contain the following information:
(1) The number of seminars and workshops conducted;
(2) The subject matter addressed in each seminar and workshop;
(3) The number of feasibility studies conducted and the subject matter contained in each study;
(4) An accounting of the cost of all travel expenses, seminars, workshops and feasibility studies; and
(5) The extent to which the authority provided for in subsection (b) of this section has been exercised, stating specifically the names of the institutions and faculty members involved in the program.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.