(2) The employee and the superintendent, or a designated representative, subject to board approval, shall mutually agree upon the maximum number of hours of extracurricular assignment in each school year for each extracurricular assignment.
(3) The terms and conditions of the agreement between the employee and the board shall be in writing and signed by both parties.
(4) An employee's contract of employment shall be separate from the extracurricular assignment agreement provided for in this section and shall not be conditioned upon the employee's acceptance or continuance of any extracurricular assignment proposed by the superintendent, a designated representative, or the board.
(5) The board shall fill extracurricular school service personnel assignments and vacancies in accordance with section eight-b of this article: Provided, That an alternative procedure for making extracurricular school service personnel assignments within a particular classification category of employment may be utilized if the alternative procedure is approved both by the county board and by an affirmative vote of two thirds of the employees within that classification category of employment.
(6) An employee who was employed in any service personnel extracurricular assignment during the previous school year shall have the option of retaining the assignment if it continues to exist in any succeeding school year. A county board of education may terminate any school service personnel extracurricular assignment for lack of need pursuant to section seven, article two of this chapter. If an extracurricular contract has been terminated and is reestablished in any succeeding school year, it shall be offered to the employee who held the assignment at the time of its termination. If the employee declines the assignment, the extracurricular assignment shall be posted and filled pursuant to section eight-b of this article.