(a) If a commercial driver's license is required as a condition of employment for any school employee or qualified applicant who becomes an employee by a county board the cost is paid in full by the county board.
A county board may not require any employee or applicant who becomes an employee of the board to pay the cost of acquiring a commercial driver's license as a condition of employment.
(b) The Division of Motor Vehicles shall accept the West Virginia Department of Education physical and psychomotor test result forms in lieu of the Division of Motor Vehicles vision report form.
(c) A school bus operator who is currently employed by a county board or who is otherwise subject to state board rules governing school bus operators and who is diagnosed with diabetes mellitus requiring insulin is not ineligible for employment as a school bus operator because of the diagnosis if the operator is issued a passenger endorsement for his or her commercial driver license through the intrastate waiver program pertaining to diabetes of the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles, subject to the following:
(1) A copy of the information required to be submitted to the Division of Motor Vehicles for waiver application and proof of passenger endorsement under the waiver program is submitted to his or her employer; and
(2) The operator remains in compliance with the stipulations of and grounds for eligibility for the intrastate waiver.
(d) If a county board requires of any employee who is employed as an electrician any license renewal when the employee is exempt from renewing the license pursuant to section three, article three-b, chapter twenty-nine of this code, the cost of the license renewal is paid in full by the county board.
(e) The cost of certification renewal and satisfying the requirements of the West Virginia Registry of Interpreters is paid in full by the employer for any service person who is:
(1) Employed as an educational sign language interpreter I or II and is required to complete any testing, training or continuing education in order to renew or maintain certification at that level;
(2) Employed as an educational sign language interpreter I and is required to complete any testing, training or continuing education to advance to an educational sign language interpreter II; or
(3) Employed as a sign support specialist and is required to complete any testing, training or continuing education in order to advance to an educational sign language interpreter I or II.
(f) For any service person required to hold certification as a condition of employment, any time devoted to acquiring or maintaining the certification, including instructional time and training, constitutes hours of continuing education for purposes of meeting the annual continuing education requirements in state board policy.
(g) Compliance with or failure to comply by a health care
provider licensed and authorized pursuant to chapter thirty of this
code, with the reporting requirements of the Division of Motor
Vehicles regarding the provisions of subsection (c) of this section
does not constitute negligence, nor may compliance or noncompliance
with the requirements of this section be admissible as evidence of
negligence in any civil or criminal action.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.