(b) There shall be deposited into the Teachers Employers Contribution Collection Account the following:
(1) Contributions of employers, through state appropriations, and such amounts shall be included in the budget bill submitted annually by the Governor;
(2) Beginning on the first day of July, two-thousand five, contributions from each county in an amount equal to fifteen percent of all salary paid in excess of that authorized for minimum salaries in sections two and eight-a, article four, chapter eighteen-a of this code and any salary equity authorized in section five of said article or any county supplement equal to the amount distributed for salary equity among the counties for each individual who was a member of the Teachers' Retirement System before the first day of July, two-thousand five: Provided, That the rate shall be seven and one-half percent for any individual who becomes a member of the Teachers Retirement System for the first time on or after the first day of July, two-thousand five or any individual who becomes a member of the Teachers' Retirement System as a result of the transfer contemplated in article seven-d of this chapter;
(3) The amounts transferred pursuant to section eighteen-a of this article; and
(4) Any other moneys, available and not otherwise expended, which may be appropriated or transferred to this account.
(c) Moneys on deposit in the Teacher Employers Contribution Collection Account shall be transferred monthly in the following order:
(1) To the Teachers' Retirement System Fund the amount certified by the Consolidated Public Retirement Board as the actuarially required contribution; and
(2) The balance, if any, to the Employee Pension and Health Care Benefits Fund established under section thirty-nine, article seven-a of this chapter.
(d) There is hereby continued in the State Treasury a separate irrevocable trust designated the Teachers' Retirement System Fund. The Teachers' Retirement System Fund shall be invested as provided in section nine-a, article six, chapter twelve of this code.
(e) There shall be deposited into the Teachers' Retirement System Fund, the following:
(1) Moneys transferred from the Teachers Employers Contribution Collection Account;
(2) Member contributions provided for in section fifteen of this article;
(3) Gifts and bequests to the fund and any accretions and accumulations which may properly be paid into and become a part of the fund;
(4) Specific appropriations to the fund made by the Legislature;
(5) Interest on the investment of any part or parts of the fund; and
(6) Any other moneys, available and not otherwise expended, which may be appropriated or transferred to the Teachers Retirement System or the Fund.
(f) The Teachers Retirement System Fund shall be the fund from which annuities shall be paid.
(g) The Consolidated Public Retirement Board has sole authority to direct and approve the making of any and all fund transfers as provided in this section, anything in this code to the contrary notwithstanding.
(h) References in the code to the Teachers Accumulation Fund, the Employers Accumulation Fund, the Benefit Fund, the Reserve Fund and the Expense Fund mean the Teachers Retirement System Fund.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session