(b) Contents of application. -- The application shall include:
(1) A description of the collaborative teams, which shall address all of the following:
(A) An emphasis on teacher collaboration and leadership;
(B) School and classroom effectiveness;
(C) Involvement and support of stakeholders; and
(D) A coherent learner-focused improvement plan;
(2) A list of the school-level committees that will be replaced by the collaborative teams, an explanation of how the existing membership of the committees replaced will have representation in the reorganization, and how the roles, responsibilities and tasks of the committees replaced will be instituted in the reorganization;
(3) Evidence that the employees and stakeholders who are involved in restructured collaborative teams have, or will enter into, a process of professional learning that develops the necessary knowledge and skills to enhance learner-focused collaboration; and
(4) Evidence that employees and stakeholders have researched viable improvement structures and processes and have proposed an effective structure that addresses the particular needs of the school, its students and employees.
(c) Local-level approval. -- Before submitting the waiver application to the state board, a school shall take the following steps:
(1) Present to the faculty senate a detailed explanation of the proposed structure, roles and responsibilities addressed by the reorganization plan;
(2) Provide for the chair of the faculty senate to conduct a vote by secret ballot on the issues addressed in the reorganization plan;
(3) Obtain a favorable vote for the reorganization plan from at least eighty percent of the faculty senate members present and voting after a quorum is established;
(4) Present to the local school improvement council a detailed explanation of the proposed structure, roles and responsibilities addressed by the reorganization plan;
(5) If the faculty senate vote is favorable and if it meets the percentage threshold established in subdivision (3) of this subsection, within one week of the vote taken by the faculty senate, provide for the chair of the council to conduct a vote on the issues addressed in the reorganization;
(6) Obtain a favorable vote for the reorganization plan from at least eighty percent of the local school improvement council members present and voting after a quorum is established; and
(7) Obtain approval for the reorganization plan from the county superintendent and the county board.
(d) State board approval. -- After meeting the requirements of subsection (c) of this section, the school shall submit its application to the state board. After review of the waiver application, the state board may approve the waiver of rules requiring the Strategic Planning Committee, the Technology Team or the School Support Team. After the state board has reviewed and approved a school's reorganization plan, the school may institute the plan as presented in its application.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.