(1) Visit the schools as often as practicable; observe and make suggestions concerning the instruction and classroom management of the schools and their sanitary conditions;
(2) Report to the county board cases of incompetence, neglect of duty, immorality or misconduct in office of any teacher or employee;
(3) Recommend for condemnation buildings unfit for school use;
(4) Call, at his or her discretion, conferences of principals and teachers to discuss the work of the schools of the district;
(5) Report to the county board the progress and general condition of the schools;
(6) Make reports as required by the state superintendent. In case the county superintendent fails to report as required, the state superintendent may direct that the salary of the county superintendent be withheld until an acceptable report is received; and
(7) Perform all other duties prescribed in this chapter or required by the county board or the state board.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.