(1) Expenditures from grants which can only be used for certain purposes are not required to be made in accordance with the plan;
(2) If the plan is not approved by the Legislative Oversight Commission on Education Accountability, the plan has no effect;
(3) For public education, the expenditures shall be made directly, or through lease-purchase arrangements pursuant to the provisions of article three, chapter five-a of this code, or through contractual agreements or grants to county boards and regional education service agencies or any combination of the foregoing options as shall best implement the strategic plan in the most cost effective manner;
(4) Nothing in this section nor in the prior enactment of this section restricts the expenditure of educational technology funds appropriated for the fiscal year, two thousand five, for the purposes for which they were allocated; and
(5) Except as provided in subdivision (2) of this subsection, no more than fifty percent of the state appropriations for the fiscal year, two thousand six, to the Department of Education for educational technology in kindergarten through the twelfth grade may be expended or encumbered except in accordance with the Unified educational technology strategic plan.
(b) Nothing in this section requires any specific level of appropriation by the Legislature.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.