(1) The chairpersons of each of the eight regional staff development councils established in section five of this article;
(2) The coordinators of each of the eight regional educational service agency staff development councils;
(3) The assistant superintendent for the division of instructional and student services of the state department of education;
(4) The secretary of education and the arts or his or her designee, who shall chair the council;
(5) The chancellor of the higher education policy commission or his or her designee;
(6) The executive director of the West Virginia center for professional development;
(7) The presidents, or their designees, of each of the two professional organizations or associations representing teachers in the state with the greatest number of teacher members.
(b) Any member of the advisory council may be reimbursed by the state board for the cost of reasonable and necessary expenses actually incurred in the performance of their duties under this article.
(a) Reporting to the state board on the professional staff development needs identified by the public schools within the respective regions;
(b) Recommending effective professional staff development programs to meet identified needs;
(c) Providing local input on the proposed goals and on the professional staff development plan proposed by the center for professional development pursuant to subsection (c) of this section;
(d) Communicating professional staff development information and findings to the regional and county staff development councils; and
(e) Advancing the coordination and quality of professional staff development programs in the public schools of West Virginia.
(1) The chairperson of each of the county professional staff development councils located in each county contained in the applicable region;
(2) The county staff development coordinator from each of the counties located within the region: Provided, That if the county does not have a staff development coordinator, then the superintendent shall designate a person to serve on the regional staff development council;
(3) The regional educational service agencies staff development coordinator who shall serve as an ex officio member;
(4) The executive director of the regional educational service agencies who shall serve as an ex officio member;
(5) The designee of the chancellor of the university system of West Virginia who shall serve as an ex officio member; and
(6) The designee of the chancellor of the state college system of West Virginia who shall serve as an ex officio member.
(b) Any member of the regional staff development council may be reimbursed by his or her employing agency for the cost of reasonable and necessary expenses actually incurred in the performance of their duties under this article as determined by the employing agency.
(a) Identify and prioritize regional staff development needs;
(b) Identify effective staff development programs;
(c) Where requested by the regional educational service agency, establish the budget for multicounty staff development programs and oversee effective use of the budget;
(d) Where requested by the regional educational service agency, coordinate staff development at the regional level;
(e) Facilitate communications among and between personnel responsible for staff development at the state, local and regional levels;
(f) Convene regular meetings on a quarterly basis to effectuate the requirements in subsections (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) of this section;
(g) Elect a chairman who shall serve two years; and
(h) Report information and findings related to staff development to the West Virginia staff development advisory council.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session