(a) "Consumer control" means circumstances in which individuals with disabilities having decision-making authority.
(b) "Council" means the statewide independent living council.
(c) "Division" means the division of rehabilitation services.
(d) "Independent living services" means advocacy, independent living skills, training, information and referral, peer counseling, peer support and any other service directed by the state plan which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) Assistive devices and equipment;
(2) Communication services;
(3) Counseling and related services;
(4) Community awareness programs to enhance the understanding and integration into society of individuals with disabilities;
(5) Environmental modifications;
(6) Family services;
(7) Mobility training;
(8) Personal assistance services;
(9) Prostheses and other appliances and devices; and
(10) Rehabilitation technology.
(e) "State plan" means the state plan for independent living required by the federal rehabilitation act of 1973, as amended.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.