(1) Violated any motor vehicle dealer law, any dealer rule or order of the division;
(2) Improperly withheld, misappropriated or converted to his or her own use any money received from customers;
(3) Misrepresented the terms of any existing or proposed vehicle sale, purchase, lease, rental, finance, warranty or insurance agreement;
(4) Engaged in any pattern of unfair competition or unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the business of buying, selling, renting or leasing vehicles;
(5) Forged another person's name to any application or form required for the titling, leasing, rental, registration, financing or insuring of a vehicle;
(6) Knowingly and willfully made or permitted a false or fraudulent application or form required for the titling, leasing, rental, registration, financing or insuring of a vehicle;
(7) Been convicted of or pleaded nolo contendere to any felony: Provided, That upon the applicant's appeal the commissioner may grant an exemption to this subdivision if the felony did not involve financial matters or the motor vehicle industry;
(8) Been convicted of or pleaded nolo contendere to a misdemeanor in connection with his or her activities in the business of selling, renting or leasing vehicles;
(9) Been refused a dealer or salesperson license or had a dealer or salesperson license suspended, revoked, restricted or otherwise canceled in another state or jurisdiction: Provided, That upon the applicant's appeal, the commissioner may grant an exemption of this restriction if the applicant can show that he or she is eligible for reinstatement in his or her previous jurisdiction of licensure; or
(10) Obtained the license through misrepresentation, fraud or any other act for which the issuance of the license could have been refused had it been known to the commissioner at the time of issuance.
(b) For the purposes of this section:
(1) "Suspension" means the privilege to sell vehicles is temporarily withdrawn for a fixed period and is reinstatable without retesting; and
(2) "Revocation" means the privilege to sell vehicles is withdrawn permanently.
(c) A licensee whose license is revoked may reapply for an original license with an explanation as to why the commissioner should consider the applicant for relicensing.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.