(1) A change of the location of any place of business;
(2) A change of the name or trade name under which the licensee engages or will engage in the business;
(3) The death of the licensee or any partner or partners of the licensee;
(4) A change in any partners, officers or directors;
(5) A change in ownership of the business;
(6) A change in the type of legal entity by and through which the licensee engages or will engage in the business; or
(7) The appointment of any trustee in bankruptcy, trustee under an assignment for the benefit of creditors, master or receiver.
When any change specified in subdivision (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) or (6) occurs, an application for a new license certificate shall immediately be filed with the commissioner: Provided, That when a change is made involving subdivision (3) of this section, an application for a new license certificate need not be filed during the balance of the license year if a member of the family of the deceased person succeeds to the interest in the business. Upon receipt and review of the application, a new license certificate shall be issued incorporating the changes. No additional fee for the balance of the license year is required for the issuance of any new license certificate issued as a result of any change specified in this section.
No new license certificate is required for any trustee in bankruptcy, trustee under an assignment for the benefit of creditors, receiver or master, appointed pursuant to law, who shall take charge of or operate such business for the purpose of winding up the affairs of the business or protecting the interests of the creditors of the business.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.