Bill Status
WV Code
Audits/ Reports


‹ Back  |  print page Print
WVC 17 C- 4 - 16 §17C-4-16. Crashes involving state and municipal property; reports to be provided.
Whenever a report of a motor vehicle crash prepared by a member of the West Virginia State Police, natural resources police officer of the Division of Natural Resources, a member of a county sheriff's department or a municipal police officer, in the regular course of their duties, indicates that as a result of the crash damage has occurred to any bridge, sign, guardrail or other property, exclusive of licensed motor vehicles, a copy of the report shall, in the case of property belonging to the Division of Highways, be provided to the Commissioner of the Division of Highways, and, in the case of property belonging to a municipality, be provided to the mayor of that municipality. The copies of the reports shall be provided to the commissioner or mayor, as applicable, without cost to them.

Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.
This Web site is maintained by the West Virginia Legislature's Office of Reference & Information.  |  Terms of Use  |   Web Administrator   |   © 2017 West Virginia Legislature *