(1) The applicant may drive only while using a bioptic telescopic device;
(2) Daytime driving restriction; and
(3) Any other conditions or restrictions the commissioner considers necessary to insure the safe operation of the motor vehicle.
(b) An applicant to whom a Class G driver's license has been issued may apply to the commissioner for removal of the daytime driving restriction if the applicant has:
(1) Operated a motor vehicle for thirty-six months without an at-fault accident, moving violation or license suspension;
(2) Submitted a report of a vision examination, conducted not more than six months prior to the application, by a vision specialist showing that the licensee's visual impairment is stable and that he or she can see well enough to operate a vehicle at night;
(3) Successfully completed additional evaluation and training, in an approved driver training program, specifically designed for night driving;
(4) Passed a comprehensive night driving examination.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.