(1) Has failed to furnish the required bond;
(2) Has knowingly made a false statement of a material fact in the application;
(3) Has habitually defaulted on financial obligations;
(4) Has been convicted of a felony within five years immediately preceding receipt of the application by the commissioner;
(5) Has not complied with the registration and title laws of this state;
(6) Has been guilty of any fraudulent act in connection with the business of a daily passenger rental car business;
(7) Has done any act or has failed or refused to perform any duty for which the license certificate sought could be suspended or revoked were it then issued and outstanding;
(8) Has not attained the age of eighteen years;
(9) Has been delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed to a political subdivision of or to the state of West Virginia;
(10) Has been denied a license in another state or has been the subject of license revocation or suspension in another state;
(11) Has committed any action in another state which, if it had been committed in this state, would be grounds for denial and refusal of the application for a license certificate.
Then, upon the basis of the application, such finding and all other information, the commissioner shall make and enter an order denying the application for a license certificate. The denial is final and conclusive subject to appeal. If there is no basis to deny the application, the commissioner shall issue to the applicant the license certificate which shall entitle the licensee to engage in a daily passenger rental car business.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.