(1) Has failed to furnish the required bond unless otherwise exempt under the provisions of section two-a of this article;
(2) Has failed to furnish the required certificate of insurance;
(3) Has knowingly made false statement of a material fact in his or her application;
(4) Has habitually defaulted on financial obligations in this state or any other state or jurisdiction;
(5) Has been convicted of a felony: Provided, That upon appeal, the Motor Vehicle Dealers Advisory Board established pursuant to the provisions of section eighteen-a of this article may grant an exemption of this restriction if the felony did not involve financial matters, the motor vehicle industry or matters of moral turpitude;
(6) So far as can be ascertained, has not complied with and will not comply with the registration and title laws of this state or any other state or jurisdiction;
(7) Does not or will not have or maintain at each place of business, subject to the qualification contained in subdivision (17), subsection (a), section one of this article with respect to a new motor vehicle dealer (an established place of business as defined for the business in question) in that section;
(8) Has been convicted of any fraudulent act in connection with the business of new motor vehicle dealer, used motor vehicle dealer, house trailer dealer, trailer dealer, recreational vehicle dealer, motorcycle dealer, used parts dealer, or wrecker or dismantler in this state or any other state or jurisdiction;
(9) Has done any act or has failed or refused to perform any duty for which the license certificate sought could be suspended or revoked were it then issued and outstanding;
(10) Is not age eighteen years or older;
(11) Is delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed to the United States, the State of West Virginia or any political subdivision of the state;
(12) Has been denied a license in another state or has been the subject of license revocation or suspension in another state;
(13) Has committed any action in another state which, if it had been committed in this state, would be grounds for denial and refusal of the application for a license certificate;
(14) Has failed to pay any civil penalty assessed by this state or any other state;
(15) Has failed to reimburse when ordered, any claim against the dealer recovery fund as prescribed in section two-a of this article; or
(16) Has failed to comply with the provisions of article six-e of this chapter, pertaining to the employment of licensed salespersons.
Otherwise, the commissioner shall issue to the applicant the appropriate license certificate which entitles the licensee to engage in the business of new motor vehicle dealer, used motor vehicle dealer, house trailer dealer, trailer dealer, recreational vehicle dealer, motorcycle dealer, used parts dealer, or wrecker or dismantler, as the case may be.
(b) A license certificate issued in accordance with the provisions of this article is not transferable.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.