(1) That the application contains any false or fraudulent statement or that the applicant has failed to furnish required information or reasonable additional information requested by the division or that the applicant is not entitled to the issuance of a certificate of title or registration of the vehicle under this chapter;
(2) That the applicant fails to present a statement of insurance or proof of other security as required pursuant to the provisions of section three of this article;
(3) That the vehicle is mechanically unfit or unsafe to be operated or moved upon the highways;
(4) That the division has reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle is a stolen or embezzled vehicle or that the granting of registration or the issuance of certificate of title would constitute a fraud against the rightful owner or other person having a valid lien upon such vehicle;
(5) That the registration of the vehicle stands suspended or revoked for any reason as provided in the motor vehicle laws of this state;
(6) That the required fee has not been paid; or
(7) That the vehicle is operated by a commercial motor carrier who has failed to provide a federal motor carrier identification number (USDOT number) or whose authority to operate in interstate commerce has been denied or suspended by the federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session