(b) The developer may own, lease or acquire any other right to facilitate the development of the qualifying transportation facility.
(c) Any financing of the qualifying transportation facility may be in the amounts and upon terms and conditions determined by the developer. The developer may issue debt, equity or other securities or obligations, enter into sale and leaseback transactions and secure any financing with a pledge of, security interest in, or lien on, any or all of its property, including all of its property interests in the qualifying transportation facility.
(d) Subject to applicable permit requirements, the developer may cross any canal or navigable watercourse as long as the crossing does not unreasonably interfere with the current navigation and use of the waterway.
(e) In developing the qualifying transportation facility, the developer may:
(1) Make classifications according to reasonable categories for assessment of user fees; and
(2) With the consent of the division, make and enforce reasonable rules to the same extent that the division may make and enforce rules with respect to a similar transportation facility. The developer may, by agreement with appropriate law-enforcement agencies, arrange for video enforcement in connection with its toll collection activities.
(f) The developer shall:
(1) Acquire, construct or improve the qualifying transportation facility in a manner that meets the engineering standards of:
(A) The authority for facilities operated and maintained by the division, in accordance with the provisions of the comprehensive agreement; and
(B) The division, in accordance with the provisions of the comprehensive agreement;
(2) Keep the qualifying transportation facility open for use by the members of the public at all times after its initial opening upon payment of the applicable user fees or service payments: Provided, That the qualifying transportation facility may be temporarily closed because of emergencies or, with the consent of the division, to protect the safety of the public or for reasonable construction or maintenance procedures;
(3) Contract for the performance of all maintenance and operation of the transportation facility through the division, using its maintenance and operations practices, until the date of termination of the developer's duties as defined in the comprehensive agreement;
(4) Cooperate with the division in establishing any interconnection with the qualifying transportation facility requested by the division;
(5) Remain in compliance with state tax, workers' compensation and unemployment compensation laws; and
(6) Comply with the provisions of the comprehensive agreement and any service contract.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.