(b) The department of health and human resources shall examine all disclosures provided to it as part of the facility's license renewal procedure and verify the accuracy of the disclosures.
(c) The disclosure required by this section shall include the following information:
(1) A statement of the overall treatment philosophy and mission of the special care unit or program which reflects the needs of residents afflicted with alzheimer's disease or dementia;
(2) A description of the facility's screening, admission and discharge procedures, assessment, care planning and implementation, staffing patterns and training ratios unique to the program or unit;
(3) A description of the physical environment and design features and an explanation of how they are appropriate to support the functioning of cognitively impaired adult residents;
(4) A description of activities available to residents, the frequency and types of resident activities, and how they are specialized for residents who suffer from alzheimer's disease;
(5) A statement that describes the involvement of families in the care of residents and the availability of family support programs;
(6) The costs of care and any additional fees unique to the alzheimer's special care unit or program.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.