(1) The gestational age of the fetus;
(2) The state and county of residence of the woman;
(3) The age of the woman;
(4) The type of medical or surgical procedure performed;
(5) The method of payment for the procedure;
(6) Whether birth defects were known, and if so, what birth defects; and
(7) Related information as required by the commissioner, other applicable sections of this code, or by the legislative rule: Provided, That:
(A) No personal identifiers, including, but not limited to, name, street address, city, zip code, or social security number, will be collected; and
(B) Individual records may only be released for research purposes as approved by the State Registrar and may be released in a format designed to further protect the confidentiality of the woman as the State Registrar deems necessary.
(b) An analysis of the compiled information relating to induced terminations of pregnancy shall be included in the annual report of vital statistics.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.