(1) Implement the birth defects information system;
(2) Specify the types of congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns to be reported to the system under section two of this article;
(3) Establish reporting requirements for information concerning diagnosed congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns;
(4) Establish standards that are required to be met by persons or government entities that seek access to the system; and
(5) Establish a form for use by parents or legal guardians who seek to have information regarding their children removed from the system and a method of distributing the form to local boards of health and to physicians. The method of distribution must include making the form available on the internet.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.