(1) The circumstances under which pertussis vaccine should not be administered;
(2) The circumstances under which administration of the vaccine should be delayed;
(3) Any categories of potential recipients who are significantly more vulnerable to major adverse reactions than is the general population; and
(4) Procedures to notify all health care providers of the content of the final guidelines and all updates issued thereafter.
(b) The administration of pertussis vaccine to an individual may not be required by any provision of law if, in the judgment of the health care provider:
(1) The circumstances specified under this section are present; or
(2) Taking into account the information specified under this section as well as all other relevant information, the risk to the potential recipient outweighs the benefits both to the potential recipient and to the public in administering the vaccine.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect any emergency authority of the director of health under any other provision of law to protect the public health.