(1) To propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, necessary to carry out the requirements of this article, including, but not limited to, abatement personnel training guidelines, procedures for the issuance and renewal of lead discipline licenses, establishment of all fees necessary to pay for the implementation and enforcement of this program, and the regulation of lead abatement projects;
(2) To issue, suspend and revoke lead discipline licenses, regulate lead abatement projects, and assess fees and civil penalties pursuant to this article and the rules promulgated hereunder;
(3) To promulgate any emergency rules necessary to gain federal approval of the state lead abatement program in accordance with section three, article fifteen, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code;
(4) To accredit training providers, training courses, examiners, examinations, and grading systems developed for licensing disciplines pursuant to this article;
(5) To order reduction or abatement of identified lead hazards when they may result in child lead poisoning; and
(6) To develop a public awareness campaign on the dangers of lead poisoning and to promote public education of the requirements of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.