(1) Establishing a list of covered services approved for payment through the fund, including (A) diagnostic and treatment services for breast or cervical cancer or a condition suggestive of cancer, and (B) ancillary diagnostic studies which may be authorized only when it is determined by the bureau to be directly related to the confirmation of a diagnosis of cancer or is necessary for treatment planning;
(2) Establishing procedures for emergency admissions or immediate patient entry into the health care system upon a determination that covered services are necessary so as to ensure prompt testing, diagnosis or treatment of breast or cervical cancer.
(3) Setting a limitation on days of service covered by the fund, and authorizing that the number of days for reimbursement be based on the medical condition of the patient and the procedure to be performed;
(4) Reviewing requests and providing authorization for payment of diagnostic or treatment services covered by the fund;
(5) Promulgating rules, in conjunction with the bureau,
in accordance with the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code regarding the administration of the fund; and
(6) Submitting annual reports to the state bureau of public health regarding the operation and progress of the fund, the number of patients treated through the fund, and other statistical data as may be required by the bureau.
(b) The advisory committee shall study the possibility of and the cost associated with establishing a fund to provided financial assistance to qualified applicants for diagnostic and treatment services for prostate and colon cancer. The committee shall provide a report to the joint committee on government and finance on or before the first day of January, one thousand nine hundred ninety-seven.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session