(1) "Minor" means any person under the age of eighteen years who has not graduated from high school.
(2) "Unemancipated minor" means any minor who is neither married nor who has been emancipated as pursuant to applicable federal law or as provided by section twenty-seven, article seven, chapter forty-nine of this code.
(3) "Actual notice" means the giving of notice directly, in person or by telephone.
(4) "Constructive notice" means the giving of notice by certified mail to the last known address of the parents or legal guardian, return receipt requested.
(5) "Abortion" means the use of any instrument, medicine, drug or any other substance or device with intent to terminate the pregnancy of a female known to be pregnant and with intent to cause the expulsion of a fetus other than by live birth: Provided, That nothing in this article shall be construed so as to prevent the prescription, sale or transfer of intrauterine contraceptive devices or other contraceptive devices or other generally medically accepted contraceptive devices, instruments, medicines or drugs for a female who is not known to be pregnant and for whom such contraceptive devices, instruments, medicines or drugs were prescribed by a physician solely for contraceptive purposes and not for the purpose of inducing or causing the termination of a known pregnancy.