(a) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary and any rule issued by the state agency, a nonprofit community group designated by a county commission is exempt from the existing moratorium on nursing home beds established in subsection (g), section five of this article, in order to develop and operate a nursing home bed facility in any county in West Virginia that currently is without a nursing home if:
(1) The nursing bed facility will be located in the county of that county commission;
(2) The nursing bed facility will be operated on real property owned by the nonprofit community health care organization and designated by the county commission;
(3) The nursing bed facility will exist in a county which has been continuously without nursing home beds since prior to the nursing home bed moratorium was enacted;
(4) The nonprofit community group develops and operates no more than thirty-six nursing home beds pursuant to this section; and
(5) The nonprofit community group applies for a license to operate the nursing home by July 1, 2016.
(b) The establishment of a nursing home and nursing beds under this section requires a certificate of need and is subject to all
certificate of need laws and rules.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.