(b) The director:
(1) Serves on a full-time basis and may not be engaged in any other profession or occupation;
(2) May not hold political office in the government of the state either by election or appointment while serving as the director;
(3) Shall be a citizen of the United States and West Virginia and become a resident of the state within ninety days of appointment;
(4) Is ineligible for civil service coverage as provided in section four, article six, chapter twenty-nine of this code. Any other employee hired by the director is also ineligible for civil service coverage; and
(5) Is entitled to receive an annual salary as provided by the Governor.
(c) Before entering upon the discharge of the duties as director, the director shall take and subscribe to the oath of office prescribed in section five, article IV of the Constitution of West Virginia. The executed oath shall be filed in the Office of the Secretary of State.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.