(1) A crisis exists in the funding of health and social programs of this state;
(2) These programs exist to provide federal and state supported services to citizens in need;
(3) The health and well-being of these citizens is jeopardized when uncontrolled growth in various programs uses a disproportionate share of the available funding;
(4) State programs are often developed and implemented with limited private or federal grant moneys, which require future funding from the limited state resources; and
(5) The problem is exacerbated when various state agencies make competing or conflicting policy decisions.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.