(b) The secretary shall supply the draft in the name of the person contracting for the funeral services and, if known, the service provider to the employer or agency head making the request who shall tender the draft to the person who contracted for the services.
(c) For the purposes of this section, "law-enforcement, safety or emergency worker" means:
(1) Any duly authorized member of a law-enforcement agency who is authorized to maintain public peace and order, prevent and detect crime, make arrests and enforce the laws of the state or any county or municipality of the state, other than parking ordinances, and including those persons employed as security officers at municipal, county, regional or state offices, authorities or institutions, although their employers may not be public law-enforcement agencies, employed by the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority and members of the West Virginia National Guard while engaged in active duty service: Provided, That this section does not apply to those persons employed by private security firms or agencies;
(2) Any state, regional, county or municipal correctional employee;
(3) Any firefighter employed by the state or any political subdivision of the state and any volunteer firefighter performing as a member of a volunteer fire department;
(4) Any "emergency medical services personnel", as defined in section three, article four-c, chapter sixteen of this code, employed by or volunteering for any state agency or institution or political subdivision of the state; or
(5) Any probation officer appointed under the provisions of either section five, article twelve, chapter sixty-two of this code or section fifteen, article five, chapter forty-nine of this code.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.