(1) Adopt and use a common seal and alter it at pleasure;
(2) Sue and be sued;
(3) Enter into contracts and execute and deliver instruments;
(4) Acquire by purchase, gift or otherwise, hold, use and dispose of real and personal property, deeds, mortgages and other instruments;
(5) Accept and receive gifts, grants and other moneys from any source;
(6) Promulgate and enforce by-laws and rules for the management and conduct of its affairs;
(7) Propose legislative rules, including emergency rules, in accordance with article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to establish a user fee for the maintenance of the Enterprise Resource System;
(8) Contract with and retain legal, accounting, financial and information technology managers, advisors and consultants;
(9) Delegate to the committee any and all duties of the board deemed necessary and convenient to effectuate the intent of this article;
(10) Review and ratify or overrule any decision of the steering committee;
(11) Review written appeals submitted by the steering committee chairman at the request of a committee member; and
(12) Do all things necessary or convenient to implement and
operate the board and carry out the purposes of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.