(1) Purchase, retain, hold, transfer and exchange and sell, at public or private sale, the whole or any part of the fund or pools upon any terms and conditions it considers advisable;
(2) Invest and reinvest the fund and pools or any part thereof in fixed income securities as provided in this article;
(3) Carry the securities and other property held in trust either in the name of the board or in the name of its nominee;
(4) Vote, in person or by proxy, all securities held; join in or dissent from and oppose the reorganization, recapitalization, consolidation, merger, liquidation or sale of corporations or property; exchange securities for other securities issued in connection with or resulting from any transaction; pay any assessment or expense which the board considers advisable for the protection of its interest as holder of the securities; exercise any option appurtenant to any securities for the conversion of any securities into other securities; and exercise or sell any rights issued upon or with respect to the securities of any corporation, all upon terms the board considers advisable;
(5) Prosecute, defend, compromise, arbitrate or otherwise adjust or settle claims in favor of or against the board or a director;
(6) Employ and pay from the fund any investment advisors, brokers, counsel, managers and any other assistants and agents the board considers advisable;
(7) Develop, implement and modify an asset allocation plan and investment policy for each fund or pool; and
(8) Create a local government investment pool, a program to purchase certificates of deposit from West Virginia financial institutions that are state depositories and any funds, pools or participant accounts needed.
(b) All income and earnings are free from anticipation, alienation, assignment or pledge by, and free from attachment, execution, appropriation or control by or on behalf of, any and all creditors of any beneficiary by any proceeding at law, in equity, in bankruptcy or insolvency.
(c) The board shall render an annual accounting not more than one hundred twenty days following the close of the fiscal year.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.