(1) "Board" means the governing body for the West Virginia Board of Treasury Investments. References in this code to the entity investing the moneys of the Consolidated Fund, to the West Virginia Board of Investments, to the West Virginia Trust Fund or to the West Virginia Investment Management Board in connection with investing moneys in the Consolidated Fund means the Board as defined in this subdivision;
(2) "Consolidated fund" means the investment fund continued in section six of this article and transferred to the Board by the West Virginia Investment Management Board for Management and Investment;
(3) "Director" means any member serving on the Board;
(4) "Local government funds" means the moneys of a political subdivision, including policemen's and firemen's pension and relief funds, and volunteer fire department funds, transferred to the Board for deposit;
(5) "Participant" means any state government spending unit or political subdivision which transfers moneys to the Board for investment;
(6) "Political subdivision" means and includes a county, municipality or any agency, authority, board, county board of education, commission or instrumentality of a county or municipality and regional councils created pursuant to the provisions of section five, article twenty-five, chapter eight of this code;
(7) "Securities" means all bonds, notes, debentures or other evidences of indebtedness and other lawful investment instruments; and
(8) "State funds" means all moneys of the state which may be lawfully invested except for the "school fund" established by section four, article XII of the State Constitution.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.