(1) The sales price of the article or school supply, except for a computer or computer accessory, is less than one hundred dollars;
(2) The sales price of a computer is less than seven hundred fifty dollars after credit for any manufacturer's rebate or computer accessory is less than one hundred dollars after credit for any manufacturer's rebate; and
(3) The sale takes place during a period beginning at 12:01 a.m. eastern daylight time on the first Friday in August, two thousand four, and ending at 12 midnight eastern daylight time on the following Sunday in August, two thousand four.
(b) This section does not apply to:
(1) Any special clothing or footwear that is primarily designed for athletic activity or protective use and that is not normally worn except when used for the athletic activity or protective use for which it is designed;
(2) Accessories, including jewelry, handbags, luggage, umbrellas, wallets, watches and similar items carried on or about the human body, without regard to whether worn on the body in a manner characteristic of clothing;
(3) The rental of clothing, footwear or school supplies;
(4) Furniture; and
(5) Tangible personal property for use in a trade or business.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.