(1) The individual continues to have a severe medically determinable impairment as determined by the department and as defined and recognized by federal law;
(2) The individual is employed and earning a monthly wage that is not less than the federal minimum hourly wage times forty;
(3) The individual does not have income or countable resources in excess of the limits established for the basic coverage group;
(4) The individual is at least sixteen years of age and less than sixty-five years of age;
(5) The individual pays any premiums or other cost sharing required under this chapter; and
(6) The individual meets all other eligibility requirements under this section.
(b) An individual who is enrolled in the buy-in program and who is unable to maintain employment for involuntary reasons, including temporary leave due to a health problem or involuntary termination, may continue to be eligible for Medicaid coverage under the buy-in program if the individual meets the following requirements:
(1) Within thirty days after the date on which the individual becomes unemployed, the individual, or an authorized representative of the individual, submits a written request to the office that the individual's medicaid coverage be continued;
(2) The individual maintains a connection to the workforce during the individual's continued eligibility period by participating in at least one of the following activities:
(A) Enrollment in a state or federal vocational rehabilitation program;
(B) Enrollment or registration with the office of workforce development;
(C) Participation in a transition from school-to-work program;
(D) Participation with an approved provider of employment services;
(E) Provision of documentation from the individual's employer that the individual is on temporary involuntary leave;
(F) The individual does not have income or countable resources in excess of the limits established under this section;
(G) The individual is at least sixteen years of age and less than sixty-five years of age;
(H) The individual pays any premiums or other cost sharing required under this section; and
(I) The individual meets all other eligibility requirements under this section.
(c) The department shall continue medicaid coverage under the buy-in program for an individual described in subsection (b) of this section for up to six months from the date of the individual's involuntary loss of employment.
(d) If an individual is ineligible for continued coverage under the buy-in program because he or she fails to meet the requirements of subsection (b) of this section or has already fulfilled twelve months of continuing eligibility, the individual shall be required to meet the eligibility requirements of another available medicaid program in order to continue to be eligible for medicaid benefits.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.