(1) Goals, objectives, standards and principles for the development of the region;
(2) The distribution and intensity of general land use and open space;
(3) The general circulation pattern for the region, including land, water and air transportation and communication facilities, and continuing comprehensive transportation planning;
(4) The general location, character and extent of public and private works and facilities which are of area-wide or regional, as distinguished from purely local, concern; and
(5) Long-range programming and financing of capital projects and facilities.
(b) The commission shall:
(1) Review plans and proposals for projects and programs of interstate or regional significance which may be proposed by others;
(2) Review and make recommendations concerning administrative and regulatory measures to implement area-wide or regional plans;
(3) Review and make recommendations concerning effective utilization of such federal and state assistance as may be available on a regional basis or as may have a regional impact;
(4) Collect, analyze and report on statistics and other information concerning traffic, housing, population and social, economic and physical conditions of the region;
(5) Make recommendations to governmental bodies within such region for such actions as are necessary and proper to further the coordinated development of the region; and
(6) Conduct necessary investigations and research and cooperate with other public and private agencies or persons to conduct such investigations and research on planning problems affecting the region.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.