(b) The regulations shall be limited to the following:
(1) Requirements for the condition of the taxicabs;
(2) The location of taxi stands;
(3) Background checks for taxi drivers;
(4) Drug testing for taxi drivers;
(5) Violations of regulations adopted pursuant to this section for which citations may be issued and penalties imposed;
(6) The requirement that a taxicab company place a sign, visible to passengers, in the taxicab which contains contact information which passengers may use to make complaints about the taxicab company or its taxi drivers. The municipality may assist passengers in resolving complaints, and shall forward complaints to the public service commission in the event that further action is needed; and
(7) Requirements for safety inspections of the taxicabs.
(8) Requirements to improve reliability of service.
(c) This section is not intended to increase the number of
operators or owners of taxicabs and taxi stands.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.