(1) Levying taxes or providing for the collection of fees of any kind;
(2) Requiring a license to do business;
(3) Relating to offenses and penalties;
(4) Authorizing the issuance of bonds or other forms of indebtedness;
(5) Providing for a public improvement;
(6) Providing for the purchase of private property by the municipality or for the sale of property belonging to the municipality;
(7) Laying out or vacating a public street, avenue, road, alley or way;
(8) Relating to planning and zoning;
(9) Granting franchises to public utilities;
(10) Providing for a contractual or other agreement with another jurisdiction; and
(11) Relating to such other matters as the charter may require.
The action of a governing body shall also be by ordinance in any other case in which an ordinance is required by the provisions of this code.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.